Visa policy: Visitors to Egypt must obtain a visa from one of the Egyptian diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries (Bahrain, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Macao, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia United Arab Emirates) or countries that are eligible for visa on arrival (European Union, Australia, Canada, China, Georgia, Japan, Macedonia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Norway, South Korea, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, United States) Visitors must hold passports that are valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival to Egypt. In March 2015 it was announced that all foreigners travelling to Egypt for tourism will require visas in advance until an electronic visa system is in place.
Moroccan citizens are granted a visa to the Egyptian consulate in Rabat (31 Avenue d’Alger, Rabat, Phone : +212 5377-31833), Open from 9am to 12am. Permission procedures take 15 days. Once the permission issued, the visa procedures begin, thus the visa applicant must contact the consulate to know the latest updates. To issue a visa for all the nationalities, the following papers are required: A passport valid for at least six month, Two personal photos with a white background, Filling in a visa application, A photocopy of the residence card in the foreign country. Fees: 35 US Dollars
- Cairo, Luxor, Assuan, Sinai and Western oasis: High Season (November-February), Low Season (June-August)
- Alexandria: High Season (September-November) (March-May) Low Season (December-February)
Money (March 2017): 1 EGP = 0,6 MAD = 0,06$
Important: All the tourist attractions and public transporations like trains have 2 or 3 rates, (local/arab and tourist).
- Hotel : 4-6 $ (Dorm bed) ; 10-15$ (Midrange Hotel) ; 45-200 (Luxury hotel)
- Food & Drinks: 0,1$ (Local pancake), 0,12 (33cl Water), 0,2 (Coffee), 0,4$ (Street sandwich), 0,6$ (Beer), 2$ (Fast-Food Menu).
- Transportation: 0,05$ (Public mini-van);0,3$ (Bread); 0,6$ (12 eggs); 0,11$ (Metro/Tramway); 1$ (35mn, 10km); 25$ (Night train from Assuan to Cairo; 15h; 80$ for Non-Arab tourists); 120$ (Flight from Luxor to Cairo)
- Flight: 300$ (From Casablanca, Dubai, Paris & Istanbul)